Monday, December 22, 2014

End of Year Post

December 22, 2014

I am writing this in between 27 other things… to which I am sure you can relate at this time of the year.  I have started volunteering at a food pantry in my town on Mondays, (now that my children are grown), and it is SO rewarding.  I love it! But this particular Monday was challenging!
A few “nuts & bolts” first…

  • Yes, your child is correct, there is no homework tonight!  I did tell them to have an imaginery “Reading Log” in their head all week, and be sure to find a book they really love and look forward to reading.  Family reading nights can be delightful!
  • In case you didn’t see the note, please send in a small paper bag tomorrow with a snack for your child.  You can send in a salty snack, a sweet one, a drink, and if possible a can for the Parmenter Food Pantry.  We will deliver them in time for the holiday!
  • If anyone would like to co-adopt our class pet, “Sammy Bubbles” (a beta fish) please contact me.  I neglected to find a home so he might spend Christmas in the classroom, with me feeding every couple of days, until I find a “vacation home” for him!

I hope your child enjoyed the ever-so-thoughtful compliments that were given to them by their friends in our class.  I told them it is my favorite activity (right up there with bread baking)!  As I type them up I am almost brought to tears with their specific, sometimes funny, usually right-on descriptions of their peers.  I appreciate all that went into the completion of these, since I know it is a bit time consuming.  I hope it was worth it!

Finally, as 2014 comes to a close I stop to reflect.  It has been a year of making friends, being stretched in our thinking, accomplishing more than we ever thought we could, laughing and singing, and feeling loved by those around us.  In a world of turmoil and uncertainty we must gather our strength and perseverance, and make a difference every day.  I feel blessed that we can do that together, in the lives of these wonderful children. Thank you for your support and dedication!

No comments:

Post a Comment