Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday Message Nov. 28, 2016

Hello and welcome back!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I celebrated with a small family gathering, including my 26 year old twins who travelled home for the holiday. It was very special! 

The Gift of Giving:  I hope you enjoyed the bread that your children brought home from our exciting Bread Baking project!  You can find our slide show on the left side of this blog.


A View into the Classroom:  I am also sharing with you a picture from our classroom life, specifically math stations, and our Student Teacher Taylor St. Jean.  In my last blog post (below) I have included some information about curriculum that we are studying at school these days.

Homework this week:  This is described on the back of your child's reading log.  The only new item is Spelling!  I would like students to cut their words and sort them, as they do in class, one night.  On another night, please have them choose one idea from the "Menu" as a way to study their words.  There will be a test on Friday.  They did well last week!

Reaching Out:  Last Thursday I visited Plymouth and participated in an American Indian "Day of Mourning" over the treatment of native peoples since the early settlers arrived here. It was quite moving.  In our school culture of Service Learning, I thought the children would be interested to hear about it.  If you want to learn more check out this site:
http://www.uaine.org/.

Finally, please let me know if you would like to share a family tradition with our class.  You are welcome to come into the classroom to talk with students, or have your child prepare a short presentation.  I am happy to answer any questions or talk about your ideas.

Thank you!  Have a fantastic week!
Deborah Niles

No comments:

Post a Comment